Air Mobility Inc. (Minato-ku, Tokyo, President ＆ CEO: Hisashi Asai) announces that it has raised funds through a third-party allotment of new shares to NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. (Mizuho-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture, President: Takeshi Kawai, hereinafter “NGK Spark Plug”)
■ Purpose of financing
“Flying cars (eVTOL * 1)” are being developed around the world as next-generation mobility. In Japan as well, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s “Roadmap for the Air Mobility Revolution” * 2 states that the business will start in the mid-2020s and that it will be put into practical use from the 2030s. It is expected to be used for transportation in mountainous areas and emergency transportation in the event of a disaster.
With the aim of providing services for safe, easy, and inexpensive navigation and use of “flying cars,” we are developing infrastructure platforms such as navigation systems, and supporting the entry of overseas “flying car” manufacturers into the Japanese market.
The funds raised this time will be used to strengthen the company’s financial base, accelerate the development of infrastructure platforms, and further strengthen the company’s organizational and development structure, as it moves forward with commercialization toward the realization of a “flying car” society.
We will accelerate commercialization through collaboration with NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd., which possesses advanced technology, superior quality, manufacturing know-how, and a global network cultivated in the automotive parts and other industries.
* 1: eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Take-Off and Landing), also called electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.
* 2: Roadmap compiled within the “Public-Private Consultative Group for the Air Mobility Revolution” by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
■ About NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
NGK Spark Plug is a world-class manufacturer of spark plugs and new ceramic products, and its products are used in many fields such as the automobile industry, environment and energy, medical care, and information and communications.
In its “2030 Long-term Management Plan Nittoku BX”, the company has positioned the mobility business as one of its future focus areas, and aims to contribute to an easy, fun, and convenient mobile society by exploring the world’s needs for new mobility and the possibilities of applying its technology and development capabilities.
■ Air Mobility inc. Past Initiatives.
- AirMobility Inc Conducts successful “AirNavi” verification test, a navigation system for eVTOL aircraft , in Mie Prefecture. (December 2021)
- AirMobility Inc. and Bartini Inc. sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for representation in Japan.(October 2021)
- AirMobility Inc. of Japan signs distribution agreement with Dufour Aerospace of Switzerland based aircraft manufacturer.(June 2021)
■ NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
Company name: NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
Representative: Chairman and Representative Director Shinichi Odo
: President and CEO Takeshi Kawai
Location: 14-18 Takatsuji-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi
■ Air Mobility Inc.
Company name: Air Mobility Co., Ltd.
Representative: President & CEO Hisashi Asai
Location: 3-5-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo Strong Akasaka Building 9F
【For inquiries regarding this matter】
Air Mobility Inc.
Management Strategy Headquarters